The story of The Nutcracker provides an array of learning opportunities for children.
It is so much more than the childhood story of the Nutcracker fighting the Mouse King, or being able to recognize The Dance of The Sugarplum Fairy.
The Nutcracker is a classic tale (actually first called "The Nutcracker and The Mouse King" by ETA Hoffman), commissioned as a ballet in 1891. The music, composed by Peter Ilyich Tchaikovksy, was almost an instant success, but it took over 100 years for the ballet as a whole to become a Christmas tradition.
Learning about Tchaikovsky's Nutcracker Suite is an enjoyable, meaningful, and worthy activity during the holiday season. Wouldn't it be wonderful to have your children become well versed in The Nutcracker - without you having to do a THING?
Learn About the Nutcracker
One of our most popular products at SQUILT is The Nutcracker Unit Study, is a open-and-go curriculum piece that teaches children a little about the history of the story, ballet, and four prominent selections from the Nutcracker Suite.
This is a wonderful little introduction to a much LARGER and complicated work.
This year we are diving into the music of The Nutcracker in our SQUILT LIVE! music appreciation lessons.
SQUILT LIVE! is a new, membership-based option to make teaching your children about music appreciation EASY!
It's been my heart's desire to teach children about beautiful music - my experience as a elementary music teacher as well as a homeschooling mom and curriculum developer - have uniquely equipped me for this exciting opportunity to work with children all over the world!
Here's what people are saying about SQUILT LIVE!:
SQUILT LIVE! and The Nutcracker Suite
If you're looking for a fun study during December that is 100% done for you - with two live 45-minute music appreciation lessons, this is just the thing for you!
What you receive:
- A listening calendar for the month of December, featuring every piece from The Nutcracker Suite, as well as other popular Classical Christmas music.
- TWO live lessons -- the week of December 4 and December 18 - focusing on The Chinese Dance and The Dance of The Reed Flutes.
- TWO extensive lesson packets for each of the pieces, including listening maps, supplemental activities, and background on the ballet and Tchaikovsky.
- Access to the ENTIRE SQUILT LIVE! archives - which includes 8 recorded lessons and all listening packets and calendars - this is a HUGE VALUE!
- 20% discount on all SQUILT products as long as you are a member.
- Extra surprise supplemental Nutcracker material available to members only!
All of this is only $15 -- that's right, only $15!
I'd love for you to join us for a month of Nutcracker and fun! Let me be your private music appreciation consultant.
And, of course, I hope you decide to join us for longer than that -- most of our students ask to stay for longer than just one month.
Until the end of 2017 if you join for one year you receive 2 months free!